Cassandra Hazelrig, MSN, PMHNP-BC
Cassandra Hazelrig, MSN, PMHNP-BC, is a board-certified psychiatric nurse practitioner providing care to patients ages 13 and older.
She has experience working with patients that have severe mental illness in the community mental health setting, performing psychiatric consults on all inpatient units at for a large hospital system in Cincinnati, OH and recently worked in telepsychiatry for a large rural community mental health center based in a college town, where she also served incarcerated patients through telepsychiatry. Cassandra's previous nursing experience includes working as a RN in the ICU, ICU step-down, cardiac/vascular cath lab, transplant unit and home health care.
Cassandra takes pride in being a strong patient advocate and values building strong relationships with her patients based on trust, compassion and honesty. She listens as well as "hears" what the patient is telling her. She also currently works as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing.
- Master of Science - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-University of Cincinnati
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Ohio University, Summa Cum Laude
- Associate of Arts, Applied Science - University of Cincinnati/Raymond Walters College
- Certificate, Practical Nursing - J.F. Drake State Technical College
Certifications & Licensure
- Board certified Psychiatric Mental Heath Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (OAAPN)